Here are 5 tips for a relaxed new baby session at home:
- Plan for the best time of day: Newborns are generally most relaxed and sleepy in the morning and early afternoon, so it’s best to schedule your photo session during these hours. Feeding time can be spontaneous with new babies at times, that’s ok! I can document that as part of the session
- Keep the room warm and comfortable: Newborns are used to being in a warm, cozy environment, so make sure the room where you’ll be taking photos is comfortably warm. You can use a hot water bottle or blankets left in the sun, to warm up the area where the baby will be photographed.
- Choose comfortable clothing and props: Dress your baby in comfortable clothing and choose soft, comfortable props that won’t irritate their delicate skin. Also, try to avoid clothing with bold patterns or graphics that can be distracting in photos.
- Keep the lighting soft and natural: Harsh, or artificial lighting can be unsettling for newborns. Instead, rooms with natural light or soft, diffused lighting will create a warm and natural feel to your photos. We can use a white sheet or sheer curtains to diffuse the light. I fund bedrooms work well, on the bed and near a window.
- Try to enjoy the session and stay relaxed this can in turn help your baby feel more at ease
By following these tips, you can help create a relaxed and comfortable environment for your baby’s photo session at home, resulting in beautiful and memorable photos.